Volunteer Opportunities with Children & Nature Connection
CNC-NC has several Stakeholder Meetings each year, as well as ongoing meetings and communication among members working on specific tasks - Outreach, Fundraising, and Administration.
Here are some of the tasks we could use YOUR help on:
- Display at events. You can staff the CNC-NC display booth or suggest events where we should appear.
- Write articles for newsletters - ours or yours!
- Help write a grant application or find the right funding opportunity.
- Help with social networking (Facebook, blogs, etc).
- Lead a "Last Child in the Woods" discussion for your book club or host a more in-depth book study.
- Be a CNC-NC representative at one of your regular meetings with a partnering agency or group.
- Give the presentation on the "Importance of Nature for Children"
Presentation training is available or simply attend an upcoming presentation.
Make the first informal contact with a group who might like to see our presentation - if you don't feel comfortable giving it, we can find someone who will.
- Help with fun events that overcome barriers to children's connection to nature such as "Picnic on the Poudre!" Get involved with planning and implementing events.
To join us, or if you have questions about what we do or suggestions that will help us be more effective, please
For more ideas about what you can do as an individual, see the ideas page.